"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Year, New Decade, New Life?

New Year, New Decade, New Life? January has already thrown my family a HUGE curve ball! We are starting a new decade, Bodie is turning the big 40 next month, I was hoping to buy a house in a place I plan to never leave. Well...guess that is not God's plan. Jer. 29:11 definitely is holding a special place for me once again. Bodie, after 20yrs, is no longer working for Wal-Mart! This is something we were thinking about, but definitely didn't plan on right now. He has been unemployed for 2wks and I've been on an emotional roller coaster ever since. Didn't God want us to move to Centre a year ago? Wasn't we suppose to leave a great church, christian school, great job to come here? I thought that was the plan. Did we listen to the wrong voice? Not sure. Maybe, just maybe, this was his plan. A plan to get us close to family, not for us to help them, but for them to help us! Imagine my surprise at that! I mean...I really thought we were to come here to be close to my parents, to help them. Now it seems like it will be the other way around. Maybe his plan was to bring us here to get Bodie out of Wal-Mart. He hasn't been happy with them for a very long time, but it's too hard to walk away. Maybe, his plan is to get me back to work (even though that scares me). Will we move away? Will we lose everything? Why is this happening? When will I see his plan? Patience Susan! That might be a lesson I'm to learn. To remember God has my best interests at heart. It might be scary and hard, but he WILL turn it to good. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry y'all are going through this. But God is in control! You have an amazing attitude toward all this. I'm praying that God will show you His will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sit here reading your blog, my heart breaking for you because I know how you feel... I am glad to see you still being faithful and believing in God to show you his plan... I will be praying for your family... *hugs* please call me anytime you need to cry, laugh, chat or just need someone to listen... I love you and your family and I want to be there for you!!!!
    p.s. I tried to posted this and I see it is coming up under Sydney's name and I am not sure how to change that but it is not from sydney... from: crystal smith

    ReplyDelete